Tuesday 9 September 2008

September 9, 2008




Today I had a fairly routine day. I went to the gym in the morning, ate lunch, and headed off to class. I walked about halfway down Oxford Street taking pictures along the way. That street is always so busy. I was a little overwhelmed by the crowds surrounding me. As I was walking, I kept on coming across characters who I so desperately wanted to photograph yet felt too nervous about their reaction to my camera to actually do so. That is something that I must work on while here in London. I also took note of the amount of street and city cleaners I've seen so far in London. They seem to be everywhere! I enjoyed class today and the guest lecturer we had who spoke about wire services; a field I don't know much about. I am looking forward to staying with a British host family for a weekend. I just filled out the application and can't wait to find out where I will be placed! I'm about to make dinner now, more to come tomorrow!

FYI:
The first picture of the British man in the suit was taken yesterday. I wanted to take more pictures of him as this one isn't that great but he walked away too quickly. I only took three images of him. I just liked the way he was dressed and the addition of the telephone booth behind him. I thought it represented London quite well.

No comments: