Friday 12 September 2008

September 12, 2008




I would call today a very lazy day for me. I slept in fairly late and then took a nap in the afternoon. I haven't been feeling well lately, I hope I'm not getting sick. I went outside for a while to get some fresh air. I discovered a really cute area about 10 minutes from my flat. Marylebone High Street has tons of shops, cafes, and pubs with a real neighborhood feel. I had a delicious chocolate pastry at a French cafe yum yum! The rest of the afternoon was filled with window shopping which was sadly interrupted with rain. I then headed home to go to the gym and will hopefully catch up on some more sleep tonight.

The first photograph (black and white one) posted is sadly and obviously not one of mine. Hosoe Eikoh is a japanese photographer who my brother introduced me to years ago. Much of Eikoh's work focuses on charged subjects such as death and erotic behavior. Over the summer, I stumbled upon this image in the Japan section of the British Museum. What a wonderful surprise. I just wanted to post this on my blog because it is one of my favorite images I have been exposed to. Go see it at the British Museum!

No comments: