Monday 10 November 2008

I've been a bad blogger lately
















I have to apologize for the lack of posts recently. My mother and grandmother arrived in London on Thursday and I've been acting as a tour guide all weekend. I just now left their flat to have some time by myself and also to catch up on some homework. The rainy weather all weekend put a slight damper on their visit but we didn't let it get in the way of our fun too much. We covered a lot of territory these past few days. Friday we went to the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey (which was really beautiful), Big Ben, London Eye area, St. Paul's, Harrod's, and then finally dinner at an Italian restaurant in Knightsbridge. Saturday morning we woke up early to go to Portobello Market. It was so crowded and the rain didn't stop coming down. We then went to the theatre to see Billy Elliot, which was SO good. We lucked out with our tickets and really enjoyed ourselves. We then went to Sloane Square for some yummy food. Sunday we went to Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park which at the time we were there, wasn't too crowded but it was still fun to see. My mom and I then went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. The V&A is probably my favorite museum here in London besides the Tate. We saw the Cold War Modern exhibit which was really interesting. We then headed towards Trafalgar Square and saw the Annie Leibovitz Exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery, which was also very good. It's funny because one of my good friends is her niece and there are family pictures of her in the gallery...no big deal or anything. We also saw the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize exhibit, which I would recommend everyone seeing. I really enjoyed it. Finally, we went to Mayfair to eat some delicious sushi. Today we went to the Wessing Collection in Marylebone and tonight we are going to the Ritz for tea/dinner. I've very excited and hoping to get some shots of the area. Thats about all I have for now.

No comments: