Monday 27 October 2008

Back from Break

















Hey I hope everyone had a great break! I just got back from Paris last night. Two of my friends and I went on a trip to Venice, Florence, Rome, and Paris. We had such a great time and saw so much. We walked for hours everyday and tried to soak up as much culture as possible. We stayed in hostels the whole trip which was okay with me. Our hostel in Rome was pretty dirty but nothing we couldn't handle. Well, actually both my friends were pretty unpleased but other than that we had a great trip! We ate such good food and lots of gelato, pizza, and pasta. Yum yum. The morning we left Florence, we got caught in a pretty violent student rally that we later found out is taking place all over Italy. I have to look up some more information on it but it has to do with the public school system and the government. We had to literally run through the rally to get to the train station so we wouldn't miss our train. I still managed to take some photos in the midst of all the confusion. What else...Well in Rome we saw the pope which was pretty exciting. I loved Vatican City and the museum there. In Paris under the Eiffel Tower, we ran into a few of my friends from Syracuse who are studying in Madrid. So random but really fun. On our last night we went to this really great fondue restaurant where they serve wine out of baby bottles. Yea that's right. We then went to an extremely euro club and danced all night to techno music. Great way to end our trip. I have to say though I'm happy to be back in London, I missed this place. Here are a few of the shots I took over break. See you all this week.

No comments: